||The SAMM Newsletter is coming soon!
Follow us on Facebook:
Southern Alberta Myeloma Patient Society [SAMM]
Who Are We?
The Southern Alberta Myeloma Patient Society, or SAMM, is a non-profit multiple myeloma support group with a Steering Committee sub-group.
Our motto is: "Knowledge is Power"
Our Mission and Goals are:
- Provide educational resources and emotional support to patients, families and caregivers in southern Alberta.
- Increase awareness of the disease and its effects on the lives of patients and families.
- Promote early detection screening methodologies in the public and private sectors.
- Advocate for improved access to new therapies, treatment options, and health care resources.
- Advocate for better measurement methods in identifying goals, tracking progress, and outcomes from various
How Do We Accomplish This?
- Fostering seminars and information sessions for patients and caregivers.
- Fundrasing efforts to provide education support brochures and up-to-date bulletins on current advancements in therapies and treatment options for our members.
- Contact and dialog with our M.L.A.s and M.P.s at government levels and with business leaders withing the communities we represent regarding our Mission and Goals.
- Liase and dialogue with the local Health Watch media in the province.
- Provide on-call transportation for patients and caregivers to treatment facilities where required.
How was SAMM Started?
To read an account of the group's beginnings, please click here.
How can you contact us?
Telephone: (587) 998-7267